Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for problem solvers and fixers; Those “swiss army knife” players that can help us untangle the complexities of a rapidly scaling organization. As a member of our Operations Strategy team you’ll work broadly across the business to help teams imagine the perfect process for their team then help craft the right mix of new and existing technology to create that experience for our employees and customers. You’ll take a leadership role in these conversations helping to pull together the mix of business, operations and technical voices we need to reach a scalable solution, serving as a mediator and council for the different teams involved. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive impact through operations excellence.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally to proactively identify areas of improvement in Toast’s operations and bring together the tactical stakeholders to turn that idea into a reality.
- Analyze data and information from across the business to understand the ROI and relative priority of different challenge areas to build out a roadmap that maximizes values.
- Serve as a translator between the business teams working within a system and the technical teams working to administer them to solve problems.
- Own the full lifecycle of your projects, from gather requirements with various teams, to working on development with Systems and ultimately the execution, testing and deployment of a solution.
- Be an internal consultant that lends expertise and perspective to different leaders working to operationalize their teams.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years experience in operations, consulting, or other complex problem solving positions.
- Track record of success in designing, and implementing technology solutions to business problems.
- Functional understanding of the data and reporting needs of a rapidly growing executive team hungry for visibility.
- Architecture and integration mindset, able to understand how different databases extract, transform and load sets of information.
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus and manage change.
- Desire to work in a “generalist” capacity on complex problems.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.