Manager, Market Operations
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive growth and profitability in the business by ruthlessly managing the P&L; understand the key business levers and effectively execute them.
- Analyze trends and underlying issues within the business; you should be well versed the mechanics of a three-sided marketplace and the different ways to spur growth on all sides. You'll be responsible for solving problems; diagnosing issues in a data-driven manner, identifying the root cause and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Product, Sales, Marketing to ensure that we’re pacing ahead of targets.
- Network within your market by building and strengthening relationships with strategic restaurants, corporate clients, and drivers; these are key constituents in our marketplace and important to our growth.
- Work closely with Senior Market Operations Leadership to identify opportunities and deliver on service, profitability, and growth expectations.
You Should Have
- 5+ yrs. of relevant work experience in operations/strategy/business development/P&L responsibilities of growing a business. You think like an owner, determined at every level to get the hard work done
- Passion to understand new things and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
- Manages customer service experience: friendly, positive, can handle difficult situations
- Strong attention to detail; digs into all of the minutiae and understands every aspect of the business; You love to learn and when something isn’t clear you figure it out
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, you understand a collective effort creates a better experience internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills; you bring solutions to the table based on thorough analysis (must be very savvy in excel)
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.