Manager, Health Underwriting at Humana Studio_h
The Manager, Health Underwriting performs complex medical underwriting functions. The Manager, Health Underwriting works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Health Underwriting will:
- Lead professional underwriting associates to accomplish specific objectives by applying and articulating of growth strategies, initiatives, and underwriting guidance.
- Manage new business and renewal workflow and is able to adjust to quickly to changing priorities.
- Ensures that appropriate actions and deliverables are achieved, and underwriting associates have the needed tools and guidance to do their jobs.
- Communicates underwriting guidance and new initiatives to sales and agent partners.
- Drives process improvement and tool development initiatives to improve productivity, quality, and customer experience.
- Responsible for overseeing staffing models, talent development of underwriting associates and creation of culture.
- Leverages market intelligence to evaluate and minimize risk while maximizing growth and profitability.
- Negotiates and creates understanding of the needed rate to risk.
- Assists underwriting associates with handling difficult new business prospects and existing business situations.
- Managers of Underwriting have managerial responsibilities for staff and will support Director as backup.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of underwriting experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of health or claims related data
- This Manager will have 8 - 11 direct reports
- This position will be located at the Humana Green Bay, WI office but will temporarily be working from home.