Manager, Global Freight Procurement at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:42 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The manager of Global Freight Procurement will work closely with the Senior Global Mile Logistics Manager to oversee all Ocean, Rail, and Air transport, as well as, lead contract strategy, and negotiations.
- Complete ownership of freight forwarder tendering process and contract management.
- Responsible for the qualification, selection and contracting of inbound transportation which support our worldwide operations organization.
- Complete ownership of freight forwarder tendering process and contract management to ensure freight is delivered on time and cost effective
- Maintaining effective and proactive relationships with service providers to ensure support of existing and new operational requirements.
- Experience negotiating with 3rd parties
- Responsible for all import and export shipment duties
- Supervisory of a team in regards to freight management, procurement, and contract negotiations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in purchasing, supply chain, logistics, engineering, etc.
- 5-7+ years of overall experience within supply chain managing logistics
- Experience with high volume procurement and freight management across multiple forms of transportation and consolidations
- Prior contract negotiation both domestically and internationally
- Experience and understanding of logistics and transportation modes (i.e.: ocean imports, 3PL, FTL, LTL, Rail, Airfreight, Parcel), flow of goods in supply chain (i.e.: transload, Cross Dock flows).
- Extremely organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.