Manager of Dealer Relations at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Manager of Dealer Relations is responsible for leading and coaching a high-performing, sales-focused account management team at the individual level. The Manager of Dealer Relations will be responsible for contributing to and executing the strategic direction as set forth by the Senior Director of Dealer Relations, and VP of Dealer Relations. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. The Manager of Dealer Relations will own a segment of the business, and will be responsible to delivering against renewal, sales, and retention targets, while contributing to the successful rollout of new products among an existing client base.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a 10+ person inside sales team
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of CarGurus customers and product requirements
- Utilize an analytical mindset that allows for deeper inspection of individual, team, and segment level pipeline development and forecasting
- Spearhead the rollout of new products and programs, ensuring that reps are adequately trained and confident for significant client adoption
- Effectively communicates, formally and informally, up and down the organization
- Contribute to all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Comfortable and proficient in the implementation of sales processes and methodologies (Sandler experience is a plus)
- Continual spot coaching, as well as organized sessions in the interest of upskilling members of the team on a professional, personal, and financial basis.
- Speaking engagements and face-to-face responsibilities on an ad hoc basis
- Get in the trenches to strategize and help to move deals across the line with the team
Who You Are:
- BA/BS minimum
- 1+ years of inside sales/account management people leadership
- Track record of success and achievement in sales and other pursuits
- Experience selling SaaS or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
- Exceptional credibility with previous team members and organizations
- Strong track record of decisiveness and accountability in previous roles
- Proven approach of providing servant leadership through emotional intelligence and "grit"
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Spain, Italy and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.