Manager, Customer Success – Co-op at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus partners with car dealers to help more 35 million car shoppers each month have a great car shopping experience. Behind the scenes are some of the world’s best engineers, product managers, account managers, marketing, and support teams are hard at work making this all possible. The Customer Success team is focused on supporting dealers and making sure that both shoppers and dealers have their best possible experience using the CarGurus tools and their most rewarding car buying/selling interactions. The Manager of our Customer Success Co-op team leads a team that is passionate about making sure all the compliant documentation needed for dealers to receive reimbursement from their OEMs happens reliably, efficiently, and effectively.
Key components of the Manager of Customer Success Co-op role include:
- A passion for ensuring a great customer experience for car dealers – especially in the context of the dealer’s relationship with OEMs
- Unrelenting attention to detail and commitment to delivering the right support and documentation for dealers in the Co-op program
- Leadership skills that foster personal and professional growth of the individuals on the team
- Maintain a team dynamic where each person is proud of their work; receives great coaching and feedback; shares ownership of their growth trajectory; and feels respected, appreciated, and confident of the role they play in CarGurus success
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities where co-op can evolve
- Plan for growth of products that are co-op compliant, and team development to ensure the co-op team is prepared and optimized for CarGuru’s continued success
- Confident leadership of team leads and multiple individual contributor role levels in a way that provides clear direction, accountability, and career opportunities for each member of the team
- Be collaborative and an excellent communicator within the Customer Success teams and the wider organizational teams, partners, and stakeholders
The Manager of Customer Success, Co-op will lead a team of 7+ people, including both individual contributors and a team lead, who support our dealer partners. The team, and the complexity of work has grown steadily as CarGurus has grown and the leader of this team will enjoy the challenge of continuing to provide great support and team development in an ever-evolving product landscape. As we look to the future, this leader should be working to help customers receive the best assistance possible; work closely with product and engineering teams to reduce friction in the customer experience; and develop a team that continues to find new challenges and success opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, people developer, analytical problem solver, and customer experience evangelist.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, manage and develop a high-performing team
- Manage through metrics for reporting business results and directing coaching/training efforts to ensure consistent and optimal customer experience and operational success.
- Manage team to success across a variety of SLAs such as quality of work and number of overall daily/weekly/monthly activities
- Keep open communication with OEMs and their compliance agencies to maintain relationships as well as remain aware of changing OEM sales events, promotional campaigns, and general compliance requirements.
- Communicate effectively with customers, the team, and internal stakeholders to deliver our absolute best customer service and overall experience
- Motivate the co-op team to individually challenge themselves, grow their skills and deliver great results.
- Track and analyze co-op data to identify trends, recommend process improvements, reward desired team and/or individual performance, and fully understand the impact of co-op team on the overall CG business
- Build a deep understanding of the CarGurus customer base
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including sales, marketing, product and engineering to define customer needs, provide voice of the customer feedback, and help execute existing and new product solutions
- Set overall strategy for the team that optimizes for both great customer experience and CarGurus business objectives.
- Develop the structure, process, and metrics to meet current and future support needs for CarGurus customers.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years management experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in a customer success environment
- Proficient knowledge of co-op requirements and processes across all OEMs
- Experience understanding co-op dealer reimbursement processes preferred
- Proven track record of excellence in customer service/engagement roles both as an individual contributor and leader.
- Tremendous customer support ability to foster highly satisfied dealer and partner relationships
- Over-achievement of results against goals both as team manager and individual contributor
- Outstanding people and culture manager: The co-op manager will be expected to empower and coach the team to over-perform, be adaptable, and be positioned to handle increasingly complex products and higher volumes.
- Exceptional process-management ability to develop process and procedural improvements.
- Strong communication skills up, down and across the organization to drive cross-functional partnership, and the ability to mentor and work with colleagues to produce process improvements
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Exceptional work ethic
- Highly analytical; Proficiency in normal business tools (Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, etc…) any experience with additional role-specific tools is a plus
- SaaS and subscription-based solutions experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.