Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, the Manager of Corp Dev and Strategy will assist with all efforts in the M&A process, including (i) identifying and evaluating prospective acquisition opportunities to generate inorganic growth; (ii) valuation; (iii) due diligence; (iv) negotiation and deal structuring; and (v) preliminary integration planning. The position will also perform strategic and quantitative analyses to assist the Company in assessing its existing and potentially new market segments.
This individual serving in this newly created and highly-visible role will be a key member of the Company’s corporate development team. In addition to M&A efforts, this person will assist with certain capital market and IR-related efforts, as well as ad hoc analyses for EverQuote’s senior management and Board of Directors.
This role will be based at our Cambridge, MA headquarters.
What you are great at:
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong business development, financial analysis and analytical skills with demonstrable experience in playing a key role in an M&A process from concept to completion.
- Able to assess a company, its market opportunity, potential risks and key deal dynamics by asking the right questions.
- Source, conduct outreach, evaluate, and prioritize targets with strategic fit.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including proficiency in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation experience to effectively evaluate opportunities
- Analyzing and diligencing a potential target, its market, financials, opportunities and risks, and then succinctly summarizing your findings into a business or investment case for executive management
- Developing compelling presentations, writing reports and effectively delivering a well-constructed investment thesis to audiences of varying seniority
- Preparing integration plans and with selected integration activities
- Building strong and collaborative internal and external relationships and professional networks
- Highly proficient in using necessary software tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint as well as leveraging third-party data sources including S&P/Cap IQ and Pitchbook
- A minimum of 4 years of M&A experience, ideally in the technology space; some prior corporate development experience desirable but not required if the candidate has a strong transaction experience from working in investment banking or private equity
- Have worked in organizations that have provided you with extensive domain knowledge of technology and private capital/investment markets (venture-capital and growth equity)
- Specific experience in working with companies that are Internet marketplaces, fintech/insurtech players or in the broad insurance industry is highly desirable but not required.
- Several years of experience working in a dynamic environment where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with both senior and junior colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with an effective combination of business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action; ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results; remain focused on deliverables and leverage resources to reach goals
- Four-year college degree; graduate degree a plus
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.