Manager, Commissions at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Commissions Manager to join our growing Sales Commissions team. The Commissions Manager is a dynamic position that will play a vital role in administering the end-to-end global sales commissions plan: from generating the annual incentive compensation plan structure to analyzing the impact of sales program incentives and orchestrating the monthly commissions calculations. This role will partner closely with Toast’s Finance and Sales Operations teams, while also becoming a trusted advisor to our Sales organization.
About this roll*
- Strategic thought leadership for comp plan design through implementation
- Drive process and system improvements to drive efficiency and to reduce risks
- Provide a high level of customer service to the Sales Organization and to cross-functional partners on commission related inquiries and requests
- Support the Accounting team with the preparation of timely and accurate commission accruals and reconciliations
- Provide analysis and business insight on financial results (on attainments, trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.)
- Ensure compensation plans are effectively supporting the various business goals and strategies
- Maintain and enhance internal controls over accounting processes and systems to ensure Sox and policy compliance
- Support quarterly/annual audit requests/inquiries from Internal and External Auditors
- Project manage the annual updates of commission plans and overseeing UAT preparation and execution
- Ad Hoc projects and requests, as needed
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years of high-tech company experience (SaaS/Cloud model preferred) in commissions
- 5+ years of experience managing an commissions/operations team in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Experience in analyzing sales commissions processes and finding automation opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
- Effective communicator who can take complex logic and scenarios and describe them simply and clearly to various internal parties
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills and passion for new technologies
- Strong experience with commission tools (Xactly Incent, Callidus, etc.) with a focus on configuration, plan designs and implementation
- Experience with CRM/HRIS systems like Salesforce and Workday is preferred
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to appropriately define issues, questions and data
- Data Analytics certification is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required