Manager, Business Operations at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub’s suite of Enterprise products enable national and regional restaurant brands to reach new diners, increase their sales, and provide new avenues for order fulfillment. The product suite provides brands with a high volume real-time set of payment transactions that can be configured to support a variety of client environments. In this client-facing role, you will partner with other Grubhub teams including Sales, Account Management, Product Management, and Engineering to maximize the brand experience, growth, and understanding of the Grubhub and LevelUp platforms while ensuring the highest levels of financial integrity. This role will provide insight to address the financial operations needs of our rapidly growing client base as well as improving our internal processes. Responsibilities start with pre-sales support and run through launch and continuing operations. The ideal candidate blends an outstanding set of client interaction skills with a passion for implementing scalable process.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Finance lead for the life cycle of client needs
- Serve as a subject matter expert on two mature, complex products for both internal teammates as well as external clients
- Flexibly support client specific launch needs and then integrate that learning to continuously enhance process effectiveness
- Serve as the primary escalation point for client financial questions – you’ll need to research issues, succinctly summarize your findings, present them to external stakeholders, and advocate for internal change when necessary
- Provide expert financial operations and process recommendations to streamline implementation and integration of our product suite into our clients’ environments
- Navigate complex, difficult negotiations with clients, balancing objectives of strengthening partnerships while improving our businesses
- Collaborate with other internal teams to proactively prevent client issues and recommend feature enhancements to the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify, organize, and execute on short- and medium-term special projects ranging in focus from finance, pricing, user experience, and product enhancement
You Should Have
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in a high tech or consulting environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or even history from a reputable school
- Immersed in technology – experience with the software development process, exposure to technical reporting (SQL), and an understanding of how to work with a complex product suite
- Scrappy and resourceful – thrive in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges arise every day
- Excellent communicator – Good listener, capable of understanding client issues and translating them into an appropriate solution
- Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding of different products, technologies, disciplines, etc.
- Client-driven – outstanding attention to detail and ability to deliver timely and accurate product in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven ability to work across departments to solve problems and drive results
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge. .
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.