Machine Operator 2nd Shift
In this role, you will:
- Operate Production Equipment:
- Operate plastic extruder.
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Change consumable materials.
- Operate material handling equipment
- Monitor all operational equipment, and ensure optimal standards are met.
- Maintain Tooling and Equipment:
- Perform line upgrades and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times.
- Troubleshoot issues with help of Engineering and Operations team members.
- Transfer Consumable Materials from Inventory to Production:
- Prepare materials for production.
- Transfer materials to inventory.
- Notify Team Leader if/when any material issues are observed.
- Support in Special Projects:
- As needed, projects to be determined.
What we look for:
- Minimum education – High school
- Preferred education – 2-year degree in electronics or other technical field
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or related field
- Experience with Safety Systems
- Familiarity with additive manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience working with fiber materials (preferred)
- Experience working with plastics (preferred)
- Automated manufacturing equipment
- Vacuum ovens (preferred)
Skills and certifications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Documents
- Verbal/written communication
- ERP/MRP (preferred)
- QMS (preferred)
- Professional Certification (preferred):
- Lean manufacturing
- Project management
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence. To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.