Logistics Support Member
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark Veterinary is seeking part-time Logistics Support Members. Logistics Support Members will support the logistics and fulfillment team with the management and execution of Embark Vet’s operational flow. They will carry out a variety of tasks, including inventory assembly, order fulfillment, managing the receipt and processing of incoming goods. Your primary responsibility is to assist the logistics team by delivering a fast and efficient operational service.
The role will encompass a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to, the following:
- Interacting with and providing support to Logistics staff to achieve department objectives
- Assembling Inventory
- Fulfilling orders by packing shipments and updating online reports
- Managing the receipt of inbound goods and their movement to our lab
- Delivering mail to the Post Office (when required)
The ideal candidate is some who has:
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of a retail business
- Ability to communicate with associates in person and via e-mail and telephone
- Applies great attention to detail to all work tasks
- Ability to handle handheld equipment
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.