Loan Operations Manager - Toast Capital
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Restaurants are one of the many industries that have been ignored by big banks, making access to investment and working capital very difficult. Whether a restaurant is purchasing equipment, expanding, renovating, or simply dealing with the unexpected, owners have very few viable financial options to manage these investments & expenses. Toast Capital is a division of Toast that designs, markets, and supports innovative financial products that serve the needs of the restaurant community.
The Toast Capital team is seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Loan Operations Manager who will manage day-to-day operational activities, including providing end-to-end, third-party loan processing services from origination through servicing and a team of operations specialists. This individual’s efforts will have a significant impact on the long-term success of a rapidly-growing financial services business. The ideal candidate will have experience building out operations for loan programs from the ground-up.
About this roll*:
- Manage day-to-day loan underwriting and servicing activities for Toast Capital Loans, ensuring execution in accordance with written policies and procedures and SLAs
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Toast Capital operations team leads and specialists and effectively train new
- Establish clear objectives for team and individual performance and key performance indicators to effectively manage results
- Perform analyses and develop dashboards to provide visibility into operational and team performance
- Undertake capacity and organizational planning for the Toast Capital Operations team
- Identify, scope and project manage process improvement initiatives; design and implement scalable processes
- Be an internal champion for Toast Capital and collaborate cross-functionally on enhancements that support product adoption
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 6+ years of relevant experience within loan origination and servicing activities, preferably at a Fintech company
- Operational mindset with attention to detail and ability to connect-the-dots across processes (strong working knowledge of Salesforce helpful)
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to act with significant autonomy and deliver results
- People management experience with the ability to motivate and drive performance
- Highly-analytical, data-driven problem-solver; (very comfortable with data analysis; proficient in Excel; basic SQL knowledge a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required