Level 2 Technical Support Engineer, Boston
Greater Boston Area
Privitar is looking for a Level 2 Technical Support Engineer to provide support to our enterprise customers. You will collaborate closely with our worldwide team of skilled support specialists and developers to rapidly resolve product issues and quickly address customer requests. Successful candidates must possess excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills along with a strong technical acumen to deliver the highest level of problem resolution and service excellence.
The Level 2 Engineer will assist customers in resolving open issues, help customers to achieve success through best-practice guidance and help customers to achieve a high level of satisfaction with Privitar solutions and our customer support services. The position combines overseeing the rapid response to customer inquiries, handling enhancement requests, and analyzing common issues.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify, we have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round, and are in a phase of hyper growth.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to safely analyze and mine sensitive datasets while protecting an individual’s privacy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives in resolving customer issues in complex and diverse technical environments
- 3 years + of providing technically specialist support to enterprise customers.
- Is curious around technology and continually learning
- Wants to set the standard for reliability
- Cares deeply about customer success
- Enjoys the variety and fast pace of a dynamic start-up; you’re flexible in your approach and comfortable with ambiguity
- Has a good sense of humour and thinks work should be fun as well as intellectually satisfying
- Takes pride in documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps so colleagues and the wider community can learn from you
-Has already demonstrated excellence in communication and organisational skills
-This position supports 24/7 on-call customer service throughout the calendar year; you must be available to participate in on-call rotas as required
- Resolve highly complex technical issues across customers in diverse environments
- Collaborate with Services, Presales, Engineering to identify high priority cases and partner with Engineering to drive case resolution as needed
- Mentor Level 1 colleagues to enhance technical proficiency of the entire team including training, documentation and product reviews
- Determine whether an issue is a bug, design flaw, or enhancement. Provide input and trend information across to Product Management
- Escalate all urgent or unusual cases or situations presented by customers to Support Manager after initial triage
- In addition to monitoring and responding to queues, investigate L2 cases escalated by L1. Participate in swarming meetings for cases that are blockers
- Author and drive the use of knowledge articles for internal and external users
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all interactions in the case management system
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline
- Understanding of product integrations in customer enterprise environments
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Familiarity with troubleshooting in Hadoop and Spark environments
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience of rigorous and timely case management
- Ability to manage T1 escalated cases and customer situations
- Identifying issue trends and managing escalated case queue
- Advanced Customer Skills - capable of managing and conducting conversations at the account level where necessary
- Engineering/Product Liaison - capable of representing support at a senior level to the senior and executive engineering staff
- Experience of troubleshooting LDAP and Kerberos security infrastructure
- Programming experience in Java, Python or similar
- Familiarity with, Nifi, Kafka, Confluent
- Experience with database schemas and SQL
- Experience of deployments in Amazon AWS and other cloud platforms
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description