• 5 years of experience as an SME, Trainer or Quality Analyst in an airline industry or travel agency, and in-depth experience using Sabre
• Must have extensive experience in Air Ticketing, Post-Ticketing Changes, Schedule Changes and Fulfillment
• Ability to think strategically in terms of culture and behavior, business processes and technology and tools
• Willingness to travel to the vendor location in Fort Lauderdale and report onsite
• Good appreciation of customer needs at both operational and strategic levels and good understanding of the principles of learning and development
• Confident and effective communicator using various media
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders and clients at all levels including people of different cultures
• Capacity to work in a fast pacing environment with last minute adaptations and regular changes
About the job
Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning designed to bring the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside a superstar training team to guide their growth and success.
As a Learning Specialist, you will design, develop, and implement learning strategies, courses, and content to help our Customer Service team reach peak performance. In this role, you will assume ownership of the needs of our B2B Team and work directly with those stakeholders to deliver timely, meaningful, and relevant training for our agents. You will also help continually improve our onboarding program, process specific training and upskilling efforts.
You'll work closely with key stakeholders including the client and the Outsourced Service Provider to maintain consistency at a global scale and align the learning strategy with the organizational goals. You will play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective learning experience and will have a direct impact on employees day to day.
- Develop and implement learning strategies that drive performance, leveraging your background in banking, insurance, financial services, or compliance
- Build, organize, and optimize all learning materials (facilitator guides, job aids, activities, etc.)
- Responsible for training facilitation (onsite and virtual); identifying root-cause performance issues of new hire onboarding, compliance and refresher training including upskilling
- Conduct regularly a training needs analysis (TNA) with stakeholders and ensure that all actions recommended based on the TNA are executed consistently
- Evaluate the Outsourced Service Providers’ trainer facilitation skills and training materials on a monthly basis. Partner with the Training Leader to create and execute action plans based on the identified opportunities
- Create content for on-demand training courses, mainly through Coassemble with the assistance of the Knowledge and Content Manager
- Co-manage LMS and assign courses and learning paths
- Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Implement best practices that support adult learning
- Experiment with new ideas - we are an adventurous bunch
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.