Lead Systems Engineer at Vistaprint
Driven by Curiosity.
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
About Our Team:
This Lead DevOps / Systems Engineer plays a crucial part within Vistaprint’s Systems Engineering team of ensuring the highest quality of IT services are being delivered to Vistaprint’s internal stakeholders. You will act as a cross-functional and technical resource in supporting the organization’s IT infrastructure, globally.
You will provide infrastructure as a service across the globe at Vistaprint’s manufacturing plants, corporate offices, data centers, and cloud environments. Vistaprint builds cloud services in AWS, Azure, and GCP. Vistaprint’s on premises platform is comprised of VMWare hypervisors, Microsoft Windows and multiple flavors of Linux for servers, and EMC for traditional unified storage.
Identify and implement new technologies, prioritize day-to-day infrastructure issues/requests and implement best practices resulting in consistent, efficient, solution delivery. This position is in Vistaprint’s Infrastructure organization and our systems must be up 24x7xForever. As such, you will be an escalation point for our Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams.
Your role will involve:
- Migrate on premises services to public cloud.
- Conduct performance and capacity management.
- Solution development, installation, migration, configuration and disaster recovery.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, delivery and maintenance of solutions provided by teams across the organization.
- Develop repeatable tools and processes to enable Operations teams to manage and monitor the IaaS.
- Develop repeatable tools and processes to enable Development teams to deploy, manage, and monitor their own applications in the cloud.
- Participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues.
- Automate deployment and monitoring tasks.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Perform maintenance, installation, and upgrade related tasks on compute, storage, and cloud infrastructure.
- Provide support, feedback, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Champion continuous improvement within the team.
- Position may require minimal, 10%, travel per year globally.
What's in it for you?
- Work on a highly collaborative team that is deciding which technologies to use and how the team works
- The ability to grow your skills every day with the help of exceptionally talented engineers
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training and conferences
- Free food, drinks, and many company and team event
- And more!
In return, you will bring:
- BS/BA in a computer field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience migrating, deploying, and supporting infrastructure and application services in public and private cloud environments (AWS, Azure, VMware, Google Cloud).
- VMWare experience at VCA or above.
- Microsoft SE experience at MCSE level or above.
- Strong bare metal hardware troubleshooting and support knowledge.
- Solid Linux Operating System management skills (Ubuntu, Centos).
- Proficient in troubleshooting problems within a large distributed system, crossing many technology domains (public cloud, datacenter, server hardware, hypervisor, OS, application, network, storage, etc.).
- High degree of familiarity with a modern administrative scripting or programming language - relevant experience using said language to automate repeatable processes and execute changes (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Relevant experience with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Proven experience working in a global organization and operating autonomously.
So, if you are up for challenge in a fast-paced and energetic environment apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.