Lead Cloud Cyber Security Operations Engineer (virtual remote home office eligible) at Humana Studio_h
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others and we develop by keeping employees current on the latest skillsets through classes, certifications, and conferences. .
The Cyber Security Operations Center supports Humana's value proposition by providing strategic guidance and support for EIP, IT and business clients. As a Cloud Cyber Security Lead, you will help in designing and engineering cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Humana against ongoing and potential security threats. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done. To achieve results this will require the direct partnership and ability to influence multiple levels and areas of the organization. Candidate will assist on multiple EIP owned initiatives which will encompass providing direct influence to multiple project team members, vendor evaluations and implementation of new technology.
- Lead security operations, event monitoring, incident responses related activities, and act as strategic partner during new deployments of cloud services working closely with the capability maturity team, business/IT leadership and others.
- Review new cloud services on a regular basis for impacts to SecOps and to develop changes needed for Humana security operational environment in partnership with Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure and Security capability maturity team
- Actively participate in the cross functional cloud security maturity team to lead capability maturity efforts as it applies to security operations
- Develop solution approaches for automated threat detection, behavioral analytics and other automation for managing cloud security operations
- Provide consulting and support during deployment of new cloud security tools and/or processes to monitor and alert Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, container and DevSecOps processes to ensure appropriate visibility around cloud compute resources.
- Help create, maintain and enhance Cloud security incident response plan along with security playbook for all three major cloud providers (MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Platform)
- Assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- Provide daily, ongoing operational support of cloud security operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand cloud systems security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize cloud system downtime.
- Serve as the Cyber Security Operations primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Establish key business operations relationships, providing an avenue to assess and recommend operational changes and enhancements.
- Provide strategic direction and ability to influence team members both within and outside of EIP to achieve desired results.
- Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same. Employs focus, attention to detail, reliability, and appropriate prioritization to drive outcomes. Sees opportunities to contribute and takes the initiative to create solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to clearly define objectives and develop a strategic action plan with objectives, resources and timelines identified.
- Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity in decisions, speech, and actions. Lives up to commitments, taking responsibility for the impact of one's actions. Exercises the courage to prioritize principles and values over personal or professional gain.
- Influence & Collaborate: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first. Develops and strengthens networks and relationships, both inside and outside the organization, that support company performance. Proactively and transparently contributes information and energy toward creating value with others.
- Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Develops and applies deep customer knowledge and intimacy to develop and deliver products, services, and interactions that provide value beyond expectations. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
Experience in Cyber Security Operations Cyber functions
Experience performing security operations functions in cloud environments
Experience in secured Public Cloud architectures and engineering solutions
Automation (PowerShell and/or Python or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level).
Experience analyzing application and network based attacks (firewall logs, network security tools).
Prior experience with Security & Major Incident response.
Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of project sponsors and key stakeholders
Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Sound business and technical acumen
Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
Strong presentation & visualization skills
Ability to remove barriers to ensure success for initiatives
Experience performing security operations functions in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
Experience in secured Public Cloud architectures and engineering solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Preferred IT Industry certifications (Microsoft Certifications On-Prem or Cloud, Cisco, CISSP, CEH, Amazon AWS, etc.)
Experience with PowerPoint, Excel
Experience developing and executing strategic initiatives focused on operations stability
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Cyber Security Operations Center.