Junior System Administrator/Technical Support at Mendix
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:38 p.m. (EST) on Monday, March 28, 2022
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
As a Junior System Administrator at Mendix based in Boston -US- you will provide a superior level of support both internally and externally. You will be responsible for installing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware and software. Lastly, you will be working with modern cloud technology in one of the fastest growing markets that is low-code.
Maintains existing domains, servers, and applications throughout the enterprise. Troubleshoots infrastructure and system problems. Deploys administers and supports vendor and in-house applications and associated hardware. Performs some customization, testing, and debugging on vendor-supplied utilities and enterprise applications. Maintains necessary metrics and documentation. Stays current with new technologies. Operates under general supervision and has latitude for independent judgment. Demonstrates a high level of proficiency and may consult with more senior peers on projects of moderate complexity and scope.
- Ideally a BA/BS in Information Technology or related discipline is preferred, or equivalent experience within IT
- Familiar with various hardware equipment
- Experience in a cloud first environment
- Good knowledge of Windows 10, Apple Devices and Mac OsX (Linux experience would be beneficial)
- Familiarity with networking technologies, especially Ethernet, WLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Office 365 Solutions
- Basic knowledge of Endpoint protection/Encryption
- Experience with mobile device management for Windows (Intune) and MacOS (Jamf) - would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; will be dealing with vendors, various team members, etc.
- Quick learner with effective problem-solving skills, and ability to find solutions to new and complex issues
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to keep track of multiple projects and issues independently
- Prepared and able to provide onsite support 5x days a week
- Fluency in the English language
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
#LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite