IT Systems Administrator
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The IT Operations team is responsible for the infrastructure and services that Datadog employees around the world use on a daily basis to successfully do their jobs. This means managing thousands of devices, Identity and Access Management, services like G Suite, Slack, Jamf and Zoom as well as our network infrastructure and AV setups in our offices.
As an IT Systems Administrator for the IT Operations team, you will help ensure our systems and client devices are available, performant and secure. You will maintain and upgrade existing systems and implement new ones as required.
- Maintain and improve core IT services such as G Suite, Slack, Zoom and VoIP services
- Manage our fleet of macOS, iOS, Windows and Chrome OS devices with Jamf, Airwatch and G Suite
- Ensure the Meraki networks in our offices are running optimally
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies
- Collaborate with Compliance and Security initiatives
- Serve as a point of escalation for the IT Support team on complex issues
- Create and maintain team and user facing policies and procedures
- You’ve managed G Suite and other common SaaS applications such as Slack or Zoom
- You have supported Apple devices for at least three years
- You are extremely technical
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You are fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
- You have managed infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS/GCP)
- You have experience with Munki, Chocolatey or other application management tools
- You take Macbooks apart for fun
- You can write basic scripts to automate tasks