IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming the education landscape? At edX, we provide world-class education to everyone, everywhere, regardless of gender, income, or social status. As a non-profit, edX provides millions of people around the globe with access to education.
EdX offers highly driven, intellectually ambitious individuals an opportunity to work in a dynamic mission-driven organization. edX is seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist who has a passion for providing excellent, customer-focused support; learning and supporting new technologies; training users; writing detailed, accurate, and concise documentation; and analyzing and improving business processes.
You’ll be the primary point of contact for IT support related matters at edX. This will involve in-person, support ticket, and occasional phone based support as needed to keep our company running. You’ll work closely with members of the IT, Business Systems, and DevOps teams to escalate and resolve issues. You’ll build relationships with new hires when you on-board them and support them throughout their tenure at edX. You’ll continually learn new things and provide strategic feedback to IT management about what’s happening on the ground based on end-user needs and support trends.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for triaging, solving, and documenting IT support requests for technical and non-technical users
- Work independently as well as with other internal teams, outsourced teams, and vendors
- Handle access requests and maintain user accounts
- On-board new hires
- Order, provision, arrange for repair, and decommission IT hardware assets
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate hardware inventory
- Administer edX staff endpoints
- Continually analyze and improve IT Support business processes
- Plan and run A/V for All Hands Meetings, Webinars, and other events
- Complete other duties related to the day-to-day operations of an Information Technology team
- Highly skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly skilled at communicating, both written and verbally, with tact and empathy
- Excited and able to learn and support new technologies quickly
- Open to taking on new responsibilities as the needs of the organization evolve
- Continually learning new things and developing your technical and customer service skills
- 4+ years providing IT Support in a professional environment
- 3+ years supporting macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android in an Enterprise environment
- 2+ years in supporting users in Active Directory
- 2+ years experience with user management and supporting G Suite
- Experience with supporting video conferencing services and hardware (e.g., Google Meet, Zoom)
- Experience with ticket management such as JIRA Service Desk
- Ability to participate in a low-volume, after-hours on-call rotation that will include nights and weekends.
- Experience in administering endpoints using Active Directory, JAMF Pro, SCCM, MDM, or similar technologies
- Experience running A/V for large meetings (e.g., Company All Hands, Webinars)
- Experience automating tasks with Python or Integration as a Service (IaaS) platforms.