IT Support Specialist at Aurora Flight Sciences
Aurora Flight Sciences (Boeing Subsidiary), is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to work at our corporate location in Cambridge, MA. IT Client Support Technician will work with Aurora teams to provide and support the IT equipment and services they need. We treat Aurora employees as our customers and provide timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful Client Technician excels in a fast-paced, team environment and possesses excellent communication skills. They have a high degree of technical aptitude over a scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for managing all phases of client technical assistance to Aurora employees, contractors, and guests at their primary facility and remote support for users located at other Aurora facilities, satellite offices, or offsite locations as necessary. The candidate will report to the home site IT Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Efficiently prioritize work to meet level of service deadlines.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email in a courteous manner.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or next tier of support.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Maintain focus on data security, following compliance requirements, company policies, and industry best practices.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
Support audio visual systems in conference and multi-purpose rooms for scheduled meetings and events.
- Perform hands-on maintenance and support at the workstation level, to include: hardware and software technical issue resolution, software installations and upgrades, file backup and restoration activities, and vulnerability mitigation.
- Configure new systems and replace legacy systems as business requirements dictate.
- Administer domain security policies, i.e. account creation, assign access permissions, and OU placement.
Candidate must have demonstrable experience supporting the following:
- Microsoft Windows workstations in an enterprise domain environment
- Linux Administration Support
- Microsoft Office 365 support
- Malware mitigation / removal
- Experience troubleshooting basic network connectivity issues
- Experience utilizing remote support tools
- Data security practices in a corporate environment enabling protection of PII, ITAR, or CUI/CDI categories of data
- Experience using Active Directory Users and Computers for account level changes
- Experience with revision control technologies (e.g. SmarTeam, GIT, or SVN) and their supporting infrastructure
- Experience supporting audio visual equipment in a conference room setting
- Experience with IT software packages for helpdesk ticketing and asset management
Regular activities include:
- Windows/Mac/Linux OS deployment and support
- User hardware/software/peripheral support
- Remote Support
- LAN troubleshooting and support
- Systems administration
- Hardware procurement and asset management
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Mentoring and handling escalations
The Candidate must be able to lift and transport moderately heavy objects (~40 lbs.) such as computers and peripherals.
Flexible with core hours between 08:00am and 05:30pm