IT Support Engineer at EverQuote
EverQuote Inc. is looking for a talented support technician with Mac and Windows skills to join our growing IT support team. The ideal candidate will excel in high quality desk side and remote support and have a passion for troubleshooting and handling issues from inception to conclusion. If you are an active learner and want to be part of one of the fastest growing companies in Boston, we want to hear from you.
As part of the IT team, you will:
- Monitor, field and triage support tickets using our internal ticket tracking system
- Configure and troubleshoot computers and other hardware/peripherals
- Manage Mac Laptop/Desktop setup and deployments for new employees using standard hardware and software
- Manage hardware logistics for a remote workforce
- Design and document internal procedures to help build an empowered end user community
- Help build a knowledgebase of common problems and solutions to reduce ticket inflow
- Manage hardware and software inventory systems and enforce asset tracking
- Alert and create order requests when supplies are low
- Work on projects on an as needed basis, including facilities tasks
- Consult and collaborate with end users on various systems and projects providing technical expertise as needed
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist or comparable technical role.
- Experience working with help ticket tracking software. (Spoke and JIRA experience a plus)
- Excellent computer skills/knowledge required, as well as the ability to solve problems and troubleshoot
- Experience working with a mobile device management system is a plus (ie. Jamf and Intune)
- Well-organized and able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and common LAN technologies
- Ability to work cross functionally with various teams
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work out of our Cambridge HQ full-time
- Self starter with a drive to learn and develop new skills and technologies
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.