IT Support Analyst at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
Markforged is looking for an IT Support Analyst to join our Technology Operations team. The goal of the Technology Operations team is to provide integrated technologies and quality services to enhance productivity, safeguard information, and scale in a cost‐effective manner. We do this by listening to the needs of employees and maximizing the potential of the tools we offer. You will report to the Director of Technology Operations and will support all aspects of Markforged.
As an IT Support Analyst, you will be a strong and independent team member that is passionate about solving big problems with simple solutions, driving perfection, and building a great company. You have demonstrable experience in building scalable IT infrastructure while maintaining a high level of technology support. You are a creative thinker, problem solver, and learner. In this role, you will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative technologies.What will you own?
- Triage and respond to support requests including all support channels and walk-ups
- Record problem and resolution details in ticketing system
- Solve problems and support solutions related to macOS, Windows, Linux, mobile devices, office printers, A/V and video conferencing systems
- Assist with automating common processes
- Maintain an updated knowledge base and deliver training when needed
- Onboard new hires, including provisioning of computers, accounts, and peripherals
- Collaborate with the rest of the Tech Ops team to provide a reliable help model
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- 3+ years of experience supporting IT services, including configuration, patching, and diagnosis of macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Skilled communicator with a focus on customer service to resolve issues effectively
- Ability to tailor support for all members of the organization
- Problem solver who knows how to effectively utilize resources
- Highly organized and precise, with great attention to detail
- Experience managing enterprise software
- Experience working with endpoint configuration management tools
- Ability to provide concise documentation within a ticketing system
- Experience with office hardware such as printers, video conferencing, and A/V systems
- Ability to work weekend and off-hours on occasion
- Ability and strong desire to work autonomously while achieving results
- Ambitious, flexible attitude in order to prioritize in a rapidly growing startup environment