IT Service Desk, Team Lead
Got a taste for something new?
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Team Lead is the key position that helps keep the Service Desk team running, as well as tackling technical problems and driving resolutions.
This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels across the organization. The Service Desk Team Lead will report to the Manager of the Service Desk in the Grubhub headquarters in Chicago.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Directly manage Service Desk Associates - direct the team's work and hold accountable for tasks.
- Monitor team metrics and address any bottlenecks/issues with ticket resolution.
- Focus on Service Level Agreements and ensuring the team is meeting commitments.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching for the team - build skills and train team members.
- Act as an escalation point and expert for the team.
- Manage team on-call schedule, staffing hours in the Boston office and triage rotation.
- Work with the business to identify gaps or problems with existing processes.
- Manage Audio/Video events and conference room equipment for your office -- as well as any offices you support.
- Act as quality control for the team -- addressing team ticket quality, responsiveness, thoroughness, ticket hygiene, etc.
- Able to perform all the hands-on tasks that we ask of the Service Desk technicians
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow
- Diagnose and fix employee related problems related to hardware or software or systems access
- Maintain inventory levels of equipment and proactively manage software licenses
- Assist the team as a whole in improving processes and documenting policies
You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Experience mentoring and coaching technicians
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and MacOS and mobile devices
- Current working knowledge of Active Directory in a multi-domain a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a large project team
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
- Knows how to use Mac’s so well that you could probably work at the Apple Store
- Doesn’t shy away from talking to humans face to face. Yes. Humans.
- Can manage and stay within a budget
- Has experience working with Okta, Jamf, JIRA and Unifi/EdgeMax Networking gear
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.