IT Operations Lead
Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants.
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
It’s a bird… It’s a plane… No.. it’s the IT Operations Lead at LevelUp! Okay, this is slightly dramatic and there is no flying involved (capes are optional), but the IT Operations Team will be the office heroes as the go-to resource for all things related to LevelUp operational systems, hardware, and network, supporting our Boston office of more than 250 people. As IT Operations Team Lead, you will have an immediate and direct impact on supporting the entire LevelUp office as the company continues on its rapid growth trajectory.
You will manage a dedicated IT Operations Support Associate responsible for responding to day-to-day IT issues arising in the office, and you will be tasked with improving the overall functionality of our office technology including: hardware & software, systems access, and audio video conferencing.
The ideal candidate is a ‘techie’ who is interested in implementing new technologies, has a strong sense of urgency and prioritization and can communicate exceptionally well with all types of employees, technical & non-technical.
Here are some specific responsibilities you will have:
- Manage Administrator Access to all systems; improving efficiencies and redundancies
- Diagnose and fix employee related problems related to hardware or software or systems access
- Maintain inventory levels of employee equipment and proactively manage software licenses
- Own all relationships with hardware and software vendors
- Assist the team as a whole in improving processes and documenting policies
The ideal candidate is someone who...
- Calls themselves a techy on the forefront of new technologies
- Gets excited at the challenge of solving a problem that doesn’t have an obvious solution
- Is hyper focused on the details
- Knows how to use Mac’s so well that you could probably work at the Apple Store
- Doesn’t shy away from talking to humans face to face. Yes. Humans.
- Is comfortable with the fact that no two days will be alike
- Can manage and stay within a budget
- Has experience working with Okta, Jamf, JIRA and Unifi/EdgeMax Networking gear
- Bonus points for someone who has experience with Slack, Zoom and G Suite
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
LevelUp, a Grubhub Company, connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone.
Based in Boston, LevelUp is a part of Grubhub’s portfolio of brands and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea and sweetgreen.
LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.