This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
We are seeking an experienced, ambitious, resourceful and hands-on IT professional to empower our teams through secure, reliable, performant, and scalable technology solutions. When problems arise, you will be the first line of defense - restoring order and fortifying our infrastructure to instill a level confidence and comfort among our employees, our partners, and our merchants that is a model for the industry.
In this role you will:
- Provide employees with access to the tools and services to perform their daily tasks while providing a reliable and efficient process to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and connectivity problems
- Oversee server, workstation, laptops, and network configuration, administration, and support; also responsible for audio, video conference systems, VoIP, and file storage systems
- Manage the relationships with our existing technology vendors and service providers as well as evaluating, implementing and managing new technology solutions
- Manage remote resource for distributed IT infrastructure
- Ensure adequate coverage for proactive and continuous monitoring of all network infrastructure, third party applications and services needed for normal business operations; Ensures quick and effective response to an outage or security threat
- Define, implement, and oversee, as a member of the data security team, policies, programs and training to improve our internal security profile.
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- 5+ years of IT operations / systems administration experience
- Strong familiarity with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge in VPN setup and maintenance, gSuite
- Experience with network configuration, support and maintenance for servers, workstations and laptops
- Solid understanding of network switches, routers, Wi-Fi, firewalls and VPNs.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, FTP etc
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, management information systems, or related field
- Relevant certification a strong plus (CompTIA, Cisco etc.)
- Comfortable with some scripting (bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.