- As a member of the Technical Operations team, the Infrastructure Engineer is instrumental in designing and implementing new technologies to scale our rapidly growing organization and enable our people to do exceptional things. You will drive innovation in our technical operations and solutions and have an opportunity to assess the needs of the organization, research various technologies to address opportunities, and then implement them.
- You’ll work independently, and as part of the Technical Operations team, to design new and differentiated solutions for our associates.
- You’ll deliver, administer, and support a high-availability, cloud-based infrastructure and its associated third-party SaaS product offerings.
- You’ll administer Windows domain infrastructure, Active Directory Group Policies, and scripting for automation of identity and computer management.
- You’ll build reliable, resilient, and secure infrastructure in AWS, including virtual workspace management, EC2, RDS, S3.
- You’ll lead initiatives around network and infrastructure security, monitoring, and incident response.
- You’ll participate in Technical Operations team helpdesk rotations; serve as an escalation point for helpdesk engineers and provide exceptional support to all organization users.
- You’ll work to continually automate processes wherever possible.
- You’ll lead projects through various phases of project management lifecycle and closely document components so others can learn and replicate.
- You’ll be responsible for managing identity management systems, corporate security tools, and have elevated, administrative privileges across our SaaS applications, corporate infrastructure, and production applications.
- You’ll report to the Director, Information Technology in the Technical Operations department within the General & Administrative division.
Respect: How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your bachelor’s degree in information systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science, and/or 5+ years equivalent IT experience in a highly regulated or healthcare industry to:
- Provide IT Team Lead level aptitude to lead the team to successful implementation of corporate IT visions and strategies.
- Complete scripting in various languages such as: PHP, Python, PowerShell. Multiple years of in-depth experience in at least one language.
- Support Mac endpoints and AWS virtualized computing environments with ease and expertise.
- 3+ years’ experience as Windows System Administrator (current server versions).
- 3+ years’ experience administering Internet Security Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems, NAT, DMZ, and VPN technologies.
- Analyze data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Focus on solutions, and demonstrating an ability to overcome problems: continually apply creativity and a disciplined approach to overcoming problems and roadblocks.
- Read, analyze, and interpret complex technical documents as well as contribute to the company’s technical documentation.
- You’ll ideally have certifications like AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA, CCNA, and possess, or have the ability to obtain, Casper Certified Technician and/or JAMF Certified Technician certification within three months of starting the role.
Empowerment: How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You maintain a healthy, yet competitive, relationship with other members of the Technical Operations team for critical help desk metrics.
- You’ll drive our technology to new heights by researching and recommending enhancement opportunities and refinements to our tooling.
- You own issues and leverage your resources to design solutions and document best practices for everyone to learn from.
- You iterate on existing technologies and constantly evolve our infrastructure, with a vigilant focus on security and scalable design.
- Kyruuvians in the Infrastructure Engineer role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor and management. The next step in the process will be either an individual contributor Senior Infrastructure Engineer role or a managerial IT Operations Manager role.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.