Information Technology Manager at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager to keep our organization running smoothly. Comfort with systems, networks, business applications is a must. Additionally, MineralTree handles payments so a security mindset and a attention to detail are a must!
- Build and lead the IT organization for our rapidly growing 100-person company
- Manage the Company’s IT applications, including Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Pardot, ChurnZero, Expensify, OneLogin, Gmail and others
- Spearhead projects to drive better integration between and reporting from the Company’s IT applications
- Provide desktop support, including provisioning user systems (Mac and Windows) and troubleshooting frontline issues
- Evaluate current environment and adopt and deploy new tools and methods to enable continuous improvement
- Implement and maintain security best practices and risk management
- Lead cross-functional initiatives requiring effective communication across multiple stakeholder groups
- 5-10years of IT experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience managing and integrating IT applications
- Comfort with basic frontline desktop support activities
- Familiarity with system tools, networking and servers (MacOS required)
- Knowledge of security and risk management best practices (e.g. PCI-DSS)
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to own the full IT function and build an IT organization that can scale with business over time
- Team player with service orientation
- Process oriented; understands the benefit of repeatable processes and consistent documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectually curious with the ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Technology agnostic; willingness to work with many different tools and technologies
As a MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.