InterSystems’ advanced data platform is the engine inside critical applications at successful supply chain companies worldwide. IRIS Data Platform delivers new levels of interoperability, high performance and scalability, and combines support for analytical and transaction processing with the reliability and support our customers know and trust.
The Worldwide Supply Chain team is responsible for InterSystems’ strategic programs across supply chain markets. This includes:
- Analyzing industry trends and how they translate to InterSystems technology (IRIS Data Platform)
- Help to develop the partner ecosystem of solution vendors and system integrators
- Determining strategic directions and influencing industry investments
- Informing and enabling Supply Chain field sales teams
- Providing industry-specific feedback and requirements to business groups to influence product and technology development
- Communicating InterSystems value propositions to customers, partners, and within the Supply Chain industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing overall supply chain architecture, partner solutions, standards, trends, competitive landscape and customer feedback to develop a comprehensive Supply Chain technology strategy to capitalize on opportunities identified for the long term
- Be the lead product team liaison, advocate for the worldwide supply chain team and provide strong input into product development
- Understand the InterSystems product roadmap and how it applies to the Supply Chainindustry and relevant systems, solutions, and services offerings
- Develop processes for enabling customer dialog and gathering customer input to be used to communicate market requirements to key product teams
- Incorporate customer input in the Supply Chain team’s long-range planning, technology points of view and architectures
- Regularly interact with senior IT executives within Supply Chain customers to advocate for ISC’s technology vision and roadmap.
- Evangelize internally the InterSystems overall supply chain technical strategy and solution messages to complement global sales efforts
- Be a knowledgeable speaker on InterSystems Supply Chain solution architecture and technical roadmap both internally and at external (customer, partner and industry) events/briefings/meetings
- Reporting to the general manager, InterSystems IRIS, and working together with the Marketing team to understand the program needs and develop associated technology strategies
- Establish a “living,” integrated technical strategy for the Supply Chain Sector and evangelize this strategy to customers, partners, and internal and external influencers
- Lead and/or support the development and maintenance of Reference Architectures for Supply Chain to provide an overall Sector perspective
- Lead InterSystems’ efforts to support key industry standards bodies
- Support, coach and enable a community of industry technology strategists and field technical account managers
- Align with the Services technical community, in particular enterprise architects, and help facilitate a coherent and consistent industry approach
- Understand forward-looking technology trends and areas of innovation in Supply Chain and support those teams through the development of points-of-view and other external-facing materials
- Influence key product team development efforts by identifying and clearly communicating critical technology market requirements in Supply Chain.
- Serve as a liaison between the Supply Chain team and key product teams/business groups; stay abreast of relevant product development and launches, and ensure the SC team is consistently and frequently educated on key product team strategies, capabilities and roadmaps
- A respected technical leader with global supply chain industry expertise
- 20+ years previous supply chain industry experience. Evangelist experience with “Digital Transformation” initiatives is important
- Strong technical background, including experience with leading architecture efforts or developing and deploying key solutions at leading Supply Chain enterprises, or global system integrators or solutions and software vendors with demonstrated industry expertise.
- Proven ability to drive engagement and understand technical needs and issues at senior executive levels both externally and internally.
- Ability to work within and cut through complex environments
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business
- Excellent internal and external communications skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Knowledge of and/or experience with product development processes, rhythms and needs.
- Some knowledge of the following is desired: application architectures, industry application development, development methodologies, programming languages (C#, Visual C++, & Visual Basic), Web services & service-oriented architectures, Open Source technologies, high-performance computing, Cloud offerings
- International travel
Education and Training:
- BS in Computer Science or engineering discipline
- MS degree preferred
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.