Head of Productivity & Training
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role Head of Productivity and Training will be responsible for managing and developing a world-class Commercial Productivity and Training team. The role also assumes primary responsibility for Indigo’s sales skills transformation towards consultative selling.
- Effectively meet the training needs of the Commercial organization so that Indigo is seen as one of the best learning-based companies to employees and growers.
- Train sales management and ensure they are provided with the tools to manage their sales team effectively.
- Training content is retained, and desired skills adopted as measured by quarterly training consumption result and scores, attainment of internal commercial targets and grower NPS scores.
- Indigo’s commercial organization is seen as agile, quick to adapt, and highly capable as measured by commercial target attainment.
- Indigo can successfully hire employees without an Agriculture background through deployment of robust onboarding and continuous enablement programs measured by relative target attainment between those with and without Agriculture backgrounds.
- Scale and execute Commercial training strategy.
- Ensure recently formalized sales process is fully scaled and adopted across all commercial functions and exhibited by consultative solution selling capabilities of Indigo’s grower account managers.
- Serve as a thought partner to commercial functional leaders in coming up with creative ways of articulating and scaling training activities focused on Indigo solutions, sales processes and technology tools without undermining focus on targets.
- Ensure proactive outreach to Marketplace sales leadership leads to a more effective execution through a synergetic sales process and information sharing.
- Create a dynamic technology enabled quarterly training plan for onboarding and ongoing enablement actives while ensuring it is aligned with new solution launches as well as total expected training hours agreed upon with leadership.
- Ensure 100% of the Commercial team is trained on latest solution launches, processes, and technology through consumption of assigned training.
- Commercial team is trained prior to each new crop or business model launch and assessed after each launch.
- LMS data is available to identify knowledge and skills gaps that are addressed in a dynamic manner.
- Each commercial process, synergies with others and responsibilities in driving grower profitability.
- Regularly training participation and score reports are available in enablement tool to functional leaders.
- Problem solver, laser focused on team results
- Vision for building out a world-class training organization
- Strong track record meeting or overachieving targets as an account manager and successful experience in sales management
- Successful experience with development and execution of a sales process
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced organization; often with high level of ambiguity and change
- Able to actively engage stakeholders, collect and validate their functional process and training needs and distill them into easy-to-digest training requirements
- Content & collateral development experience
- Strong facilitation skills
- Understands the basic of a sales process and has experience with implementing at least one consultative sales methodology
- Understands and is passionate about the importance of technology enabled productivity
- Can quickly apply intelligence around Indigo business and agriculture to a sales process
- Models good leadership skills
- At least 10 years of experience in sales and sales management in tech or biotech industry and additional 5 years in any complementary functional role such as training, marketing or consulting.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM and end to end sales process automation best practices.
- Successful experience with consultative selling and/or sales transformation.
- Experience managing a team
- Willing to travel up to 70% and on short notice.
- Highly comfortable with technology, able to integrate technology fluidly to train distributed workforce.
- Proximity to Boston or Memphis are a plus but can be a remote candidate.