Who We Are
Lantern is a cannabis ecommerce and home-delivery platform that guides people through different strains and products, helping them find what’s right for them. We’re committed to bringing transparency, equity, and convenient access to cannabis, for both new and experienced consumers. We partner with the best dispensaries and cannabis brands across the US, to create a personalized buying and delivery experience, embedded with education and trust throughout the customer journey.
We’re more than just another tech company. Lantern was founded with a mission to elevate and advance opportunities in cannabis for people of color and those disproportionately affected by the war of drugs. Starting with its first delivery incubator program in Massachusetts (founded in 2019), and expanding into several other states, Lantern plans to create effective, results-driven programming and support to the cannabis social equity community, to be led by the Head of Incubator Partnerships.
Who You Are
You are someone who builds effective networks, both inside and outside your organization, to advance your industry knowledge and influence, as well as to advance organizational goals. You instill trust, showing consistency between words and actions, following through on commitments, and always celebrating differences. In a complex and ever-changing industry, your interpersonal savvy allows you to build meaningful relationships with people across geographies, backgrounds, levels and functions, as you recognize that different perspectives contribute to the greatest success. You drive vision and purpose, painting a compelling picture that motivates others to action, and your bias toward action drives you to tackle new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
What the Role Is
In this role, you’ll lead the strategic planning and development of the roadmap and activities to cultivate and maintain strong partnerships and engagement with key community-based organizations (CBO) and stakeholder advocacy groups. You’ll create and execute tactical plans aligned with Lantern’s business objectives to operate social equity incubator programs in every market in which Lantern is, or hopes to be, operational. Success will be achieved through the creation of meaningful, scalable programs that translate into real business outcomes for social equity partners throughout the country.
Please note: this role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado.
In this role, you will:
- Create the strategic roadmap to build effective external partnerships in the social equity and cannabis advocacy community
- Build and maintain close working partnerships with key CBOs and advocacy groups, collaborating with cross-functional partners to ensure a coordinated organizational approach
- Build Lantern’s social equity incubator playbook that is ready to be localized and launched in key markets
- Liaise with external stakeholders, and effectively integrate/deploy internal stakeholders where advantageous to social equity partners (ie. Utilizing team members to facilitate courses related to business pitches, financing etc; or 1:1 advisory roles around leadership/management/branding etc.)
- Ownership of CBO and management of the charitable funding request process, including execution and reporting (future responsibility when Lantern has CSR budget)
Must Have Skills:
- Demonstrated leader who effectively collaborates by taking ownership of key projects
- Effective networker and collaborator who develops strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Great instinct, high EQ, thoughtful decision maker
- Effective in process management, customer focus and problem-solving
- Bias toward action and a focus on results, with the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing initiatives while meeting timelines
- Willingness to deep dive on operations to make partnerships work
- Understanding of how tech/product innovation is critical to partner success
- Willing to travel (when it becomes safe again)
- Scrappiness, ability to get things done with few resources, figure things out, enthusiasm to work on granular tasks when necessary
- Analytical chops - can model out scenarios, understands how to think about maximizing ROI on time and tech resources
- Community organizing or advocacy experience strongly preferred
- Cannabis industry experience is a plus, but not required. Curiosity about cannabis is a must.
- Mission driven - The ideal candidate will understand the historical context of cannabis with regard to social justice and the war on drugs, and believe that the future of the industry will be driven by social equity entrepreneurs.
The Other Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Lantern is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Lantern is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.