Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1400 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customer. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You are a highly talented copywriter who knows how to tell a brand story through amazing concepts and great copy that gets people talking, drives to attract new customers, and keeps those we’ve already snagged. As we grow a highly-effective and results driven Creative team, we need a strong leader, helping to evangelize our vision and purpose, strategizing and overseeing work that is customer-focused and unique to the Drizly brand. You are collaborative, highly-communicative and build strong relationships with our stakeholder partners-in-crime. You will inspire, develop and push junior team members. You will be able to hit the ground running and have a strong point of view, but get along with many different people. We have a great brand, you are going to help make it even better. Oh, and your friends (or your mom) think you’ve got a great sense of humor.
You have a proven track record of success and 10+ years of copy experience in e-commerce and marketing with a brand team or an agency, with 2+ years of direct management experience. You’ve worked with both B2C and B2B brands, across all channels/mediums, including UI/UX copywriting. Note: candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
What the role is
In this Head of Copy role, you will support Drizly’s Creative Director and Head of Design in building a fun, irreverent, helpful brand that our customers love. You will be a player-coach, both in concepting copy and leading a team to execute impactful creative work that produces results. In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to partner with teams across the company and with some of the biggest beverage alcohol brands in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity (at least we think) to play a key role in growing Drizly’s unique brand.
In this role you will:
- Grow, manage and develop a team of copywriters (currently two), developing them to be “big concept”, strategic and commercially minded.
- Work on larger scale projects and oversee production of digitally savvy copy, from concept to completion, ensuring work is on-brief, on brand, top-notch and that best-practices are followed and optimised across all mediums.
- Protect and build on Drizly’s unique, ownable, irreverent and educational brand identity.
- Lead the charge in evolving the Drizly TOV as we grow and scale.
- Take an analytical approach to impactful creative/ copywriting.
- Help find, manage and copy edit outside talent, including agencies, as needed.
- Support the project management team to assess and assign the right people to projects
The Other Stuff
- Salary Range: $95,000-$110,000. Your compensation will be based on your experience level, skills, and location within the United States.
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.
You must reside in the United States to be considered for this position.