Head of Consultant Relations
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Head of Consultant Relations to join our Workplace Solutions team focused on our Retirement clients.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Consultant Relations candidate is a seasoned thought leader and student of the retirement business leveraging well-established relationships with the top retirement consulting firms to influence MassMutual’s inclusion in RFPs, ability to retain clients, and win new clients.
This person will be pro-active, action-oriented, collaborative, as well as work independently and have an innovative driving force, responsible for defining, evangelizing, and optimizing Retirement Services capabilities, and the associated portfolio of products. The Consultant Relations Manager will have a mindset focused on business outcomes.
Objectives of this role
- Define enterprise capability strategy and multi-year roadmap to leverage existing consultant relationships to support corporate strategic objectives, customer needs, and industry trends to retain clients and influence sales.
- Identify any gaps or opportunities for improvement and work with business owners to develop tangible action plans for improvement and penetration of consultant community.
- Based upon voice of the customer data (market competitive data) identify desired gains, and work with business owners to develop tangible actions.
- Meet regularly to re-assess market conditions and identify trends and potential risks or threats to our competitive positioning. Recommend adjustments to leadership as required.
- Continually reassert our competitive advantage and position within industry periodicals prevalent within the market.
Skills and qualifications
- 10+ years’ industry experience
- Proven skills in the large retirement plan market
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience managing consultants and customer relationships; prior relationships with consultant community
- Track record as a creative thinker
- Demonstrated flawless execution skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to influence and execute to support business plan
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally to reconcile competing priorities while meeting organizational objectives
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues; propose and implement solutions, with consideration for all downstream implications
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrated thought leadership with the ability to influence and achieve results
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in any format
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to thrive in dynamic fast paced environment; strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to build relationships across diverse stakeholder and constituent groups internally and with externally
- Willingness for frequent travel
- Series 7 & 63, 24 optional
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.