Head of Business Technology
Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Ellie Mae, Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Vidyard, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now.
Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the team:
At Drift we are customer centric to our core. Fun fact, our logo is a group of people surrounding a customer. We believe in doing things that don’t scale and strive to provide an experience that is unparalleled in B2B SaaS each and every day.
We are looking for a head of business systems to come join Drift and help us build a world class, centralized operations team. Normally systems, operations, and data are siloed within different divisions. This can lead to a bad experience for customers and makes it significantly more difficult to analyze and run our business. We’ve decided to do things [differently](https://video.drift.com/v/abXhMSS1Cfo/) and we need a team player to help us continue to execute on our vision.
Success in this position requires a keen understanding of how to integrate systems as well as how to capture, store, move, and surface data through a variety of channels. You should enjoy becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas and building a clean and well-organized database. You should enjoy the excitement of working and collaborating with many stakeholders in a constantly evolving and growing environment.If you are passionate about building a next generation operations team that optimizes for the customer, we would like to talk to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for building a high performing team which includes both data engineering and data analytics.
- Develop the strategic roadmap for our data and go-to-market technology stack in coordination with division stakeholders.
- Architect our data infrastructure to efficiently capture, clean, store our data from a variety of sources then efficiently surface it throughout the entire organization.
- Collaborate with key divisions (Sales, Marketing, CS, Finance, Product) to establish short-term and long-term data roadmaps in order to address strategic business issues.
- Constantly look for improvements in tools, data sources, data quality, and analytic techniques.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Self-starter with proven technical, problem-solving, project and people management skills. Excited to build relationships and work with others to achieve joint goals.
- Experience capturing and moving data around an organization. Have experience with AWS, managing ETL / ELT tools (e.g. Airflow) and processes, exposure to CDPs (e.g. Segment), and other relevant tools (e.g. Tray.io, Workato).
- Familiarity integrating and moving data in and out of key go-to-market systems like Drift, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, among others.
- Excellent understanding of data warehousing and data lake architecture. Have previously worked with and scaled an MPP data warehouse like Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience managing data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar, across hundreds of users and various use cases.