Head of Business Technology at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team:
At Drift we are customer centric to our core. Fun fact, our logo is a group of people surrounding a customer. We believe in doing things that don’t scale and strive to provide an experience that is unparalleled in B2B SaaS each and every day.
We are looking for a head of business systems to come join Drift and help us build a world class, centralized operations team. Normally systems, operations, and data are siloed within different divisions. This can lead to a bad experience for customers and makes it significantly more difficult to analyze and run our business. We’ve decided to do things [differently](https://video.drift.com/v/abXhMSS1Cfo/) and we need a team player to help us continue to execute on our vision.
Success in this position requires a keen understanding of how to integrate systems as well as how to capture, store, move, and surface data through a variety of channels. You should enjoy becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas and building a clean and well-organized database. You should enjoy the excitement of working and collaborating with many stakeholders in a constantly evolving and growing environment.If you are passionate about building a next generation operations team that optimizes for the customer, we would like to talk to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be responsible for building a high performing team which includes both data engineering and data analytics.
- Develop the strategic roadmap for our data and go-to-market technology stack in coordination with division stakeholders.
- Architect our data infrastructure to efficiently capture, clean, store our data from a variety of sources then efficiently surface it throughout the entire organization.
- Collaborate with key divisions (Sales, Marketing, CS, Finance, Product) to establish short-term and long-term data roadmaps in order to address strategic business issues.
- Constantly look for improvements in tools, data sources, data quality, and analytic techniques.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Self-starter with proven technical, problem-solving, project and people management skills. Excited to build relationships and work with others to achieve joint goals.
- Experience capturing and moving data around an organization. Have experience with AWS, managing ETL / ELT tools (e.g. Airflow) and processes, exposure to CDPs (e.g. Segment), and other relevant tools (e.g. Tray.io, Workato).
- Familiarity integrating and moving data in and out of key go-to-market systems like Drift, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, among others.
- Excellent understanding of data warehousing and data lake architecture. Have previously worked with and scaled an MPP data warehouse like Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience managing data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, or similar, across hundreds of users and various use cases.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]