Gainsight System Administrator at Acquia
Acquia is an open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Gainsight Administrator Role may be a component of an overall Customer Success Operations position, or may be a full-time position. This document describes key success factors for any Gainsight Administrator and may be used as a part of a broader role.
- BS or BA required
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work
- Understanding of Customer Success
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand business requirements and translate them to effective use of applications
- Confidence in advocating for best practices
- Recommended one (1) year of Salesforce.com configuration and administration
- Strong Salesforce user, administrative, configuration and reporting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills; is able to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Understands object-oriented concepts and fundamentals of logic (IFs, ANDs, and ORs)
- Previous Gainsight experience
- Previous sales operations or a business operations role
- Customer Success or Account Manager with an affinity for technology, data and process
- Familiar with reviewing and understanding data used to build dashboards and reports
- Project management and task organization skills
- Excellence in providing end user support
Throughout all phases, the Admin owns their instance of Gainsight.
- Responsible for the architecture and configuration of their environment
- Coordinate internally to help identify the sources, metrics, frequency, and granularity of their data
- Configure and deploy Gainsight and Salesforce to internal customers (including system configuration, external integrations, reports, dashboards and workflows)
- Business Processes
- Partner with cross functional departments to learn business needs and how it may impact Gainsight and Salesforce
- Identify which processes to rollout and when
- Support business strategy development for the services teams and manage mapping, documenting and implementing CS processes
- Help determine the most significant contributors to overall customer health, and learn how to configure a customer health scorecard that reflects your customer data.
- Develop a keen understanding of your organization’s sources of risk (of churn) as well as positive trends.
- Design business rules that analyze your customer data, and trigger actions for the customer success team to proactively engage with customers
- Maintenance and Support
- Manage user accounts, groups and security settings in Gainsight and Salesforce
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures
- Monitor system performance, data integrity, and user activity to make recommendations on continuous improvements
- Helps prepare the Customer Success team to roll out additional processes or functionality.
- Provides day-to-day end user support to all levels of the organization