Field Research & Technical Leader at Indigo
Indigo Research Partners, Field Research & Technical Leader
Indigo is working to harness nature to sustainably feed the planet. We have discovered a transformational opportunity to improve global crop yield and reduce the use of agricultural chemicals and fertilizers by utilizing the core microbiome inside plants to confer material yield and crop protection benefits across a variety of crops, geographies and stresses. The challenge and opportunity for Indigo is to gain critical first mover advantages by scaling quickly and effectively (~$1B 2020 revenue.)
Indigo Research Partners (IRP) is an innovation ecosystem enabling the rapid deployment and value capture of agricultural technologies. IRP partners with various stakeholders across the ag value chain to drive the adoption of innovative and emerging tools that improve grower profitability.
As the world’s largest agriculture lab, IRP partners with over 100 leading growers to evaluate Indigo’s innovations and business models and deliver critical product feedback internally. IRP evaluates Crop Production innovations through microbial & regenerative experiments on growers’ farms, as well as Crop Marketing innovations focused on understanding a full systems approach to de-commoditize agriculture.
The role of Field Research & Technical Leader in Indigo Research Partners (IRP) will be to develop and lead implementation of farmer scale systems-based testing of a wide range of technologies, including Indigo’s microbial seed treatments and regenerative agricultural practices and outcomes.
This role can be located in either Oklahoma or Texas.
- Excellence in On-Farm Testing.
- Develop and implement farm-scale trials to transition product concepts from R&D testing to commercial products
- Evaluate instruments, implements, and inputs as well as management practices by executing farm-scale testing to determine the best systems to improve grower profitability, which will support IRP and Key Accounts
- Provide technically-sound data collection to fuel all aspects of data analyses (Indigo Ag Software Tool, IRP Field Tool, IRP Agronomic Partners) in a timely manner
- Analyze and report findings in a timely manner
- Build and sustain positive relationships with IRP growers and manage technical aspects of those partnerships.
- Collaborate with Precision Data Specialists, IT, and Data Science to generate data for Indigo Software Tools, which will be used by agronomists to provide customers with unparalleled agronomic and profitability decision-making ability.
- Effectively manage Hub including IRP Research Agronomist and Research Operations Agronomist to deliver on field commitments to growers.
- Be a leader in the Indigo organization fostering openness, transparency, and a window from internal operations to the outside world via important stakeholders.
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Collaborate at a high level within team and across
- R&D, IT, Agronomic Products, and Commercial teams.
- Strong and succinct communicator; ability to communicate and interface with corporate customers.
- Adept at preparing slide decks and presenting technical information that is readily grasped by a diverse audience.
- Curious and perceptive: Enjoys new technology.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Strong leadership skills and quick learner.
- Team player with ability to work cross functionally and simplify complex information from various levels and departments.
- High tolerance to and ability to execute under ambiguous situations.
- Passion for Indigo and our core values.
- Able to lift 50 lbs, use a power tool in a safe manner, and work in field conditions.
- Proficiency operating computers and proficiency with GIS applications and other Ag Software programs.
- Master of Science degree, preferably in ag-related discipline. Preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Agleader SMS or General knowledge of GIS applications: QGIS, ArcGIS, etc. (SMS preferred)
- 2+ years of direct supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- 5+ years of agricultural testing experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time domestically.