Field Event Manager
Greater Boston Area
The Field Event Marketing Manager will play a critical role in the development and execution of industry tradeshows and conferences, targeted field events, speaking engagements, and roadshows for the Klaviyo Marketing Team. You’ll interact directly with vendors, as well as members of the Klaviyo marketing team who are participating in events.
You’ll also be traveling to events, ensuring that they run smoothly, and making sure we ship everything we need back. You’ll also track documentation of all expenses and interface with our finance team.
This is an ideal role for someone with high standards who enjoys every aspect of event planning — and who is excited to roll up their sleeves in an organization that is growing fast and tackling on an increasingly exciting events schedule. This position requires travel.
What People Say About Some of Our Events
“Enriching day! Surpassed my expectations. I really look forward to implementing everything I learned.”
“This day was incredible! So appreciative that this was offered. Very helpful!”
“I'm sure you have so many customers, but you made everyone feel like friends or family. You guys are pleasantly different.”
“The way you structured the event was so flawless... each session was just beyond expectations. I took pages and pages of notes, all high-quality, critical learnings. A super close second to the amazing knowledge I gained was just how spectacular the little details and amenities were. I felt constantly pampered and cherished, for real. You Klaviyos really know ecommerce marketing and how to party, don't you?”
How you will make a difference:
- Work cross-functionally to produce best-in-class live experiences for prospects, customers, and partnersUnderstand different audience segments and build an events calendar to support each initiativeIdentify staffing needs, manage logistics, and work with vendors to ensure seamless execution.
- Own the events budget and processes—get scrappy where and when appropriateWork cross-functionally to produce on-brand, on-message promotional materials and content to communicate our offerings to various audiences.
- Align with key stakeholders, such as sales and PR to maximize value and accelerate deals.
- Build events within the multi-touch, full-funnel campaign model and as a part of an overall Demand Generation strategy for strong ROI.
- Drive pre-show interest, attendance, and post-show conversions for revenue potential.
- Develop timelines, organizational plans, and internal communications for cohesiveness and transparency across the organization.
- Regularly report and analyze results based on quarterly KPIs and industry benchmarks for optimal management buy-in
Who You Are:
- Prior working experience planning and executing on-site programs.
- A deep understanding of the creative requirements for events with a proven ability to effectively co-produce with our creative team.
- At least 2 years in marketing with the majority of that time in B2B event marketing roles.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- A flexible multi-tasker that can handle a multitude of different responsibilities at one time.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – both spoken and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for event marketing.
- Preferred prior working experience with demand gen funnel methodology for lead progression.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) and at all levels of an organization.
- Willingness to travel to events as needed
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description