Facility Coordinator at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
This position will work with the Workplace Experience & Real Estate team to ensure all Toast facility requests and work orders are handled in an efficient and timely manner. Our ideal team member is personable, quick to smile, and ready to take on any task. This employee will be responsible for office appearance while striving to provide an engaging hospitality-like experience for all employees and guests. This individual will balance time and energy between the Fenway office, Woburn Warehouse and other Boston offices as required.
About this Roll*
- Act as primary point of contact for day to day facilities related requests or comments.
- Monitor, prioritize, and report on all incoming facilities service tickets.
- Provide reports on open and closed work orders including status and progress
- Acts as the main vendor coordinator for all facility and maintenance related issues including:
- Build working relationships with vendors, landlord maintenance team, workplace experience team, real estate team, and our toasters!
- Maintain and verify accuracy of vendor contracts while enforcing Toast policy and procedure
- Assigns work orders and routine maintenance to multiple technicians, subcontractors and vendors and establishes SLAs and KPIs for completion
- Creates vendor files on proposals and work orders and checks accuracy on completed paperwork submitted by vendors.
- Work with vendors on billing and invoicing for services rendered
- Assure facility related supplies are ordered and stocked - (i.e reasonable accommodations for work space, replacement pieces, chairs, etc.).\
- Assist with reconciliation of our monthly credit card expenditures for facilities related items
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of emergency planning initiatives for Fenway office
- Assist with any facility related needs for employee engagement activities.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2-3 years experience in facilities or property management
- Experience in digital work order systems (Service Now) or other.
- Possess an all-star attitude- A self-starter, you believe yourself to be creative, fun, good humored and approachable
- A quick thinker with an excellent work ethic who can adapt and rapidly shift gears as needed
- Articulate- strong verbal and written communication skills, with both internal customers and external vendors
- Exhibited exemplary organization, problem solving, and collaboration skills
- Able and willing to do heavy lifting (rearrange furniture, move boxes). Physically must be able to lift and carry 50lbs
- BA preferred
- Work schedule: 40 hours, must be available to start as early as 6am and stay as late as 10pm to assist with vendor coordination. On call in emergency situations.
- Travel between our Boston properties (Fenway, Woburn, WeWork Boston)