Executive Assistant at edX
edX seeks an Executive Assistant to support two senior leaders: the VP of Content + Partner Success and our Chief Marketing Officer.
This role represents a highly visible, unique opportunity to help members of the edX leadership team operate more efficiently and effectively!
Are you a critical, creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are organizational skills and an unmatched attention to detail baked into your DNA? Do you seek meaningful work within a mission-driven culture? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Please note that once it's safe to do so, this position requires a hybrid work arrangement. Whomever fills it will work three days per week in Cambridge, MA and two days remotely.
- Support the CMO and the VP on a broad range of administrative issues, often sensitive or confidential in nature. Discretion required.
- Monitor the flow of multi-platform communications to and from the executives’ offices.
- Manage, label, file, and prioritize emails. Identify related action items, and draft responses for messages that come in throughout the day.
- Proactively and frequently review calendars 2-3 weeks out to ensure accuracy and resolve potential conflicts.
- Perform end-to-end, complex meeting management to include VIP participants (University Advisory Board members, partners, and vendors).
- Negotiate schedules across different time zones among multiple high-level leaders, utilizing myriad video and telephone conferencing technologies (e.g., Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom, and/or international dial-ins).
- Identify and secure meeting locations, finalize logistics, and ensure appropriate technology capabilities.
- Develop detailed itineraries for speaking events, presentations, partner visits, and industry events.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for both domestic and international business travel, including but not limited to booking flights and hotels, arranging local transportation, generating itineraries, and confirming passport / visa requirements.
- Prepare and submit expense reports (which often include international travel transactions).
- Receive external guests, international visitors, and other important partners at our Cambridge, MA-based HQ.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as an Executive Assistant (preferably supporting more than one executive at a time within a customer-facing, business development, or education-specific environment)
- Experience booking and managing international travel, including multi-country journeys
- Deep knowledge of complex travel documentation requirements like Visas
- Experience with (or the capacity to swiftly learn) webinar tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, and Skype and critical systems and software such as Salesforce, PowerPoint, and Concur
- Proficiency with one of the major productivity and collaboration tools:
- Google G-Suite (preferred)
- MS Office
- Superior verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Proven organizational prowess and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects with an unparalleled attention to detail
- Sound judgement and the ability to relentlessly adjust as necessary
Why you’ll like it here:
- We’re on a mission to unlock our learners' potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
If this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 40 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.