Executive Assistant at edX
EdX is hiring an Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Head of Product and leaders within the Product Delivery organization. A strong EA candidate is a highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter with a strong track record of demonstrating exceptional sound judgment, and autonomously knowing what needs to be done. The keys to this role will be pragmatic thinking and passion for executing efficiently in a fast moving environment filled with multiple competing priorities.
- Performs a broad range of administrative details of a confidential nature requiring a high level of discretion and business judgment
- Manages end to end meeting management involving both basic and complex scheduling and “schedule negotiation” (e.g., across different time zones, for high level leaders in organizations), proactive calendar management and vetting meeting urgency
- Books relevant logistical resources (internal IT, vendors, catering, conferencing tech)
- Maintains agenda communication surrounding meeting objective and necessary follow up, including meeting minutes; tracks action items and manage subsequent task lists, utilizing project management best practices
- Coordinates all aspects of domestic/international travel arrangements including booking flights, hotel and local transportation, booking key meetings, and arranging passport / visa requirements when necessary
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Become an expert on current relevant MIT and edX policies (e.g., travel, expense submission, technology procurement and management, etc.)
- Advanced administrative duties, such as the creation of effective presentations as well as independent project assignments
- Assist with front desk management and other forms of administrative coverage throughout the organization on an as-needed basis
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a VP or C-level executive
- Ability to use effective communication to set context within the edX product delivery organization and to influence without authority
- Manage multiple competing priorities and projects, while maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to set expectations effectively with external & internal stakeholders.
- Performs well on a variety of tasks while remaining effective in a high volume, fast paced, startup environment; able to juggle a large workload
- Experience with Google Suite/Google Apps
EdX is an MIT & Harvard funded start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of re-inventing education?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office on a full time basis. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. We are not working with outside agencies to hire for this position.