Executive Assistant to the CEO and President/COO at edX
edX is hiring an Executive Assistant to support our CEO and COO. This is one of the most visible and important roles within the executive function as you’ll be responsible for maintaining the schedule of two of edX’s busiest people. In addition you’ll be relied upon for drafting executive communications, coordinating meetings, and other matters related to keeping the executive function running smoothly.
Since edX is still emerging from its startup years, this role will bring with it a fast pace and situations that will require critical thinking and creativity. If you’re organized and self directed, we’d love to hear from you!
- Support the CEO and COO on a broad range of administrative issues, often sensitive or confidential in nature
- Performs end-to-end meeting management involving both basic and complex scheduling and “schedule negotiating” (e.g., across different time zones, for high-level leaders in organizations), proactive calendar / schedule maintenance, various video and telephone conferencing technologies (e.g., involving Skype, Google Hangouts, or international dial-ins), agenda communication (involving a basic understanding of the meeting / event objective and necessary follow-ups), room and technology setup, location logistics management, catering, and sometimes note-taking (as needed)
- Manage all aspects of CEO's and COO’s calendars
- Coordinates all aspects of travel arrangements for both domestic and international business travel including but not limited to booking flights, hotel and local transportation, providing agendas and itineraries, and arranging passport / visa requirements when necessary
- Manage expense reporting for supported staff by preparing and submitting expense reports, often including complex international travel related transactions.
- Receive external guests, international visitors, and other important partners at edX office
- Offer support outside of office hours for support or facilitation of communication with international affiliates
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a VP or C level executive; in such roles, has had progressively responsible administrative experience
- Superior verbal, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Advanced organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities and projects, while maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to interact effectively with multiple external & internal stakeholders
- Experience booking and managing international travel, sometimes comprised of multiple country visits
- Performs well on a variety of tasks while remaining effective in a high-volume, fast-paced, start-up environment; able to juggle a large workload
- Must be proficient in: Google Apps for Business and Concur
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a highly competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.