Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Our Events Manager will lead the development, execution, and measurement of CarGurus’ prospect and customer events, from small group dinners and industry conferences to educational summits and our annual user conference. CarGurus hosts 80+ events a year and we’re looking for someone to help develop, plan, and execute our highest priority events. Additionally, we’re looking for an individual with experience analyzing/measuring the impact of events on the business. The Events Manager reports directly into the Marketing Manager of Events & Partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Independently plan, develop, execute, and analyze regional and national events (e.g. Regional Educational Sessions, industry conferences, and CarGurus Annual User Summit). Responsibilities include managing the timeline, budget, invitation process, registration, F&B, and other event logistics
- Oversee annual events budget and develop strategic budgeting recommendations based on event performance
- Build and distill event analytics into key messages, business insights, and future event recommendations
- Build and lead event continuous improvement initiative, identifying and implementing operational improvements across all events
- Support marketing communications’ plans for events to ensure events are well promoted and on message
- Discuss/represent the business with customers while at events
- Potential to develop and coach direct report(s) in executing local events and conferences (e.g. small group dinners, sporting events, smaller-scale conferences)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of event management experience
- 3+ years of event measurement/analytics experience
- 2+ years managing junior event specialist/planners
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with limited oversight
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience interfacing with senior executives and clients
- Collaborative background working with various internal and external stakeholders to build and execute events nationally
- Willingness and ability to travel to events as-needed (quarterly)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Salesforce, Marketo Experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.