Enterprise Senior Team Lead at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Enterprise Senior Team Lead directly manages an average of eight senior agents. These Level 2 agents field technical and emotional escalations from our L1 team. As their manager, the Senior Team Lead will be expected to serve as a further soft escalation point, a deeply knowledgeable resource for questions in Slack, and the L2s’ guide as they pursue higher levels of technical expertise.
Note that the number of agents (and needed leads!) may change as our business needs evolve, so any Team Lead should be ready to manage more agents than the average or current expectation.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Train newly promoted L2 agents
- Hold biweekly 1-on-1 meetings with all L2s
- Use our Maestro platform to quality assess a set quantity of your agents’ tickets each week; bring feedback, guidance, and support to every 1-on-1 meeting
- Ensure L2s are filling out the Maestro Escalations rubric for all tickets they field
- Track agents’ volume and workflow to help agents reach their top performance potential
- Collaborate with L2s and external departments to identify and implement solutions to technical requests from users and merchants
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure our documentation remains accurate; update when needed
- Actively promote and contribute to a positive, supportive atmosphere for all agents; help your reports develop a sense of ownership of their work and of the customer experience with all Grubhub products
- Validate and translate user and merchant requests into feedback for the platform
- Deliver quarterly and annual reviews to agents
- Manage, assist with, and assign projects as they arise
- Be proactive about pursuing solutions to any emerging issues/bottlenecks/improvement opportunities
You Should Have
- 2-4 years of management experience, preferably in food service or with another customer service team
- 3-5 years in a technical support role
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and SumoLogic queries strongly preferred; basic knowledge with readiness and ability to grow also acceptable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages
- Adaptable, flexible, ready and excited to pivot on a moment’s notice, without complaint; day-to-day tasks change quickly and constantly
- Radiate awesomeness at all times: show a positive attitude and confidence, be team-oriented, have a sense of humor
- Love solving problems and helping people walk away happy
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Desire to know everything about everything all of the time
- Knowledge and interest in mobile apps and/or payments
- Experience working in a startup environment and/or helping run a restaurant
- Extensive appreciation for baked goods, board games, .GIFs, and/or banter
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.