Distinguished System Engineer
Full Time, Exempt
The Distinguished System Engineer at Alert Innovation, Inc provides the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products, and provide a superior level of technical cross functional support that benefits the company. You will lead and be a part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, possess the interpersonal skills to collaborate with project managers and leadership to effectively deliver a product designed to meet customers needs. Qualified Systems Engineers at Alert will have a background in robotics engineering or systems engineering and analysis.
Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Champion the creation and maintenance of requirement documentation for new product designs and customer site deployments with information collected from both internal and external resources
- Provide technical oversight to ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements
- Aid in the development of strategic roadmaps
- Provide feasibility and optimization studies for proposed designs
- Perform quality assurance activities to ensure standardization of best practices
- Build tools that automate and streamline processes to make operations more efficient
- Cross disciplinary engineering knowledge –experience in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Expert with automation components
- Experience with common engineering tools, including Pugh Matrices, 8D, DFMEA
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and demonstrate solution to complex system problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites
- Experience with project management and schedule ownership is a plus
- Masters degree in a related Engineering field
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four years. We have 31 issued or pending patents on our groundbreaking technology. A leading retail equity analyst at Jefferies recently published that “we view Alert Innovation’s fulfillment technology as the most diverse and comprehensive. In addition, its developing the Novastore concept could be a winning long-term format.”
We offer full time employees a generous benefits package starting with your date of hire.
PAID TIME OFF
No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
9 Paid Holidays.
Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO and PPO options.
Health Reimbursement plan where Alert Innovation reimburses you for deductible related expenses ($1,000 for individuals, $2,500 for families).
Dental insurance thru Delta Dental of MA.
Vision Plan thru VSP.
Flexible Spending Account to enable you to pay health care and dependent care costs on a pre-tax basis.
Group Term Life Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
Short Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 70% of your weekly salary for up to 13 weeks.
Long Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 66.67% of your monthly earnings.
401k Plan administered by Fidelity to enable you to save using pre-tax dollars.
100% of cost of training for your current or near-term work needs including conferences and technical events.
50% reimbursement of tuition for programs aligned with career development goals including MBA and master’s from top schools (online via Coursera).
50% reimbursement of Nano Degrees (online via Udacity).
Earn a Bachelor’s or Associates college degree from a fully accredited undergraduate program for only $5,000/year through our College For America benefit with Southern New Hampshire University.
Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.