Director, Toast Payments at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Director of Toast Payments is a senior role at Toast who will lead, scale and manage the Toast Payments team. End-to-end responsibilities include strategic initiative planning and execution, team management, Toast Payments customer experience and day-to-day operations. The Director will partner cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Engineering, Sales Enablement, Support and Restaurant Success to drive superior customer experience in addition to partnering with Data Science and Business Systems to increase operational efficiency and scale in a hyper-growth environment. This is a unique opportunity to take on a critical management role at one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time.
What You Will Do
- Lead and manage the Toast Payments team (10+ and growing)
- Own and deliver a best-in-class, truly delightful, Payments experience to Toast restaurants, prospects and internal teams by strategizing, prioritizing and managing end-to-end communications cycle for customers and prospects
- Maintain and drive SLAs and accountability through KPI establishment and metrics management
- Become a subject matter expert regarding Toast’s payment solutions, deeply understand the payments value proposition and how Toast Payments specifically meets restaurant needs
- Ability to identify and translate Toast Payments business needs into well-defined process, policies and procedures
- Serve as the escalation point as needed for Sales/Sales Engineering and Customers Success
- Understand market dynamics around payments pricing and advise on pricing strategy
- Own all payments data analysis
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 8+ years of experience in relevant field
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to act as a positive, self-motivated leader who can inspire others to rise to new challenges
- Drives progress cross-functionally and very comfortable working across complex organizations
- Metric driven and operationally minded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to work within tight deadlines
- Experience training, coaching and developing a large team of subject matter experts
- Has managed a budget and a department
- Experience in investment banking