Director of Supply, Homes at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills
• A structured, process and data-driven approach to sales and the ability to impart this process on the sales team
• Experience hiring a sales team, managing and evaluating sales performance, and coaching and engaging sales teams to achieve sales targets
• Track record of negotiating and closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints
• An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Relevant experience as a sales leader in the vacation rental industry
• Proven dedication to tracking sales activity through CRM tools like SalesForce / Hubspot
• Highly proficient analytics skills to self-serve data questions to drive sales strategy
• Extensive leadership experience including experience hiring and growing a large sales team
About the job
Homes (vacation rentals) is one of the newest verticals at Hopper. The Director of Supply for Homes must be driven and excited to shape the future of this business. Hopper’s customers are savvy young travelers who often prefer vacation rentals to traditional hotels. However, vacation rentals often have the least flexible cancellation and change policies — a problem Hopper is uniquely able to solve with its suite of financial services products. The Director of Supply for Homes must be a leader who will build out a team of talented sales people and execute innovative solutions to ensure Hopper’s travelers the best price, selection, convenience, and booking flexibility in vacation rentals.
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing Hopper’s direct vacation rental supply strategy and establishing and prioritizing sales targets. This leader will also be responsible for attracting, leading, and coaching a team of talented sales people to build and maintain the supply of vacation rentals on the Hopper platform.
- Help develop and deploy Hopper’s direct vacation rental supply strategy and establish sales targets
- Hire and build out sales organization to win and manage strategic vacation rental supply partnerships
- Effectively manage and evaluate sales performance, and mentor sales team to help reach sales goals
- Collaborate closely with Homes team (engineering, tech, design, operations, etc.) to help inform the build of internal tools to scale the process of signing and onboarding property managers efficiently and effectively
- Negotiate and sign complex deals with property managers that optimize Hopper’s direct vacation rental supply and revenue opportunities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Base pay range
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more.
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description