Director, Supply Chain
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Director, Supply at Markforged will be responsible for leading the company’s demand and supply planning, logistics, order fulfillment, inventory management and ERP system strategy and process execution while implementing best practices to build a high functioning team to support a rapid growing business and diverse customer base on a global scale. This person will be confident in their skills be eager to face the ever changing challenges of a global supply chain while striving to ensure customer satisfaction through robust and quality process.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead teams that plan production and inventory across multiple production and fulfillment sites, manage logistics team and third party providers, manage inventory, warehousing and transportation services and drive data systems implementation and execution across our supply chain.
- Implement forward looking strategies and best practice processes to support a global supply chain.
- Build and grow a high performing Supply Chain team
- Manage inventory quality, quantity, stock levels, and stock changes across multiple locations.
- Responsible for oversight of MRP process and dictate build and order requirements.
- Be responsible for optimizing delivery times, transportation costs and logistics processes
- Liaise, negotiate and maintain relationships with suppliers and partners.
- Be responsible for trade compliance with US import, export and worldwide regulations.
- Coordinate and optimize data systems to drive value and efficiency.
- Strategically align team, processes and priorities to meet sales and customer needs.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints related to process execution.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Specialized knowledge:
- Inventory Management
- Supplier Management
- Experience with export and import regulations
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Data structure for supply chain systems
- Passion for efficiency
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Manages multiple projects with a sharp attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Google Apps
- ERP/MRP experience
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description