Director, Restaurant Success at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Director of Restaurant Success will be responsible for leading the operations of the Mid Market and Enterprise Restaurant Success team and providing world class service to our largest and most complex customers in the Mid Market and Enterprise segments. The ideal candidate will have superior people management skills and be able to navigate the cross functional landscape in working closely with Sales, Marketing, Onboarding, Business Intelligence and Product. This role will focus on advocating for our customers both internally and externally. This role will develop and drive the strategy using data/metrics to optimize revenue and product adoption.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage a team of 2-3 Managers of Restaurant Success, each of whom have teams of 6-10 RSMs to deliver on account management KPIs and drive success for our customers post go-live across the Toast product suite.
- Build and implement innovative approaches to deliver exceptional account management in a field environment.
- Hit monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue retention and upsell goals, garner customer satisfaction, and support product adoption goals for all customer portfolios
- Constantly identify new and improved ways to deliver and delight customers at scale
- Compose and oversee implementation of operational playbooks that use data and tools to ensure individual RSM and team success.
- Act as the high-level point of escalation for restaurant customer concerns within the portfolio.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth and revenue optimization throughout the portfolios through relationships with sales and product.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments to drive customer success throughout the organization and for our customers.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Customer Marketing to help design and execute restaurant-specific marketing campaigns and ongoing engagement programs.
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers, assisting Managers and RSMs in resolving cross-functional issues.
- Manage the use of Salesforce.com and all related applications.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years in customer or sales functions
- 7+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams, ideally of 10+ staff
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Minimum four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Process-oriented and playbook-driven
- Love for developing people in a transition environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability people
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.