Director of Restaurant Success
Provide direct operational leadership and oversight of the one-to-many, high-growth elements of the account management / Restaurant Success function. This person will work with other Restaurant Success, Customer Success, Sales, and other company leaders to provide an exceptional customer experience across the Toast product suite after the sales cycle is closed. This person’s teams will be tasked with providing scaled operational account management success to a vast portfolio of customers across the US.
Our goal is to deliver best in class customer experiences while driving revenue, product adoption, and being as operationally efficient and effective as possible. The Director of Restaurant Success will be responsible for devising and delivering scalable account management tactics and strategies to Mid SMB and Low SMB customers through initiatives developed in partnership with Marketing, Customer Success, Business Intelligence, and Product groups throughout Toast. The ideal candidate will be a proven exceptional people manager adept at navigating a complex cross-functional landscape, possess a keen ability to empathize with and garner quick trust from customers, be a strong internal and external advocate for those customers, and have a proven track record of leading customer-facing teams through rapid change and transition. A leader in developing playbooks and putting them into action is a must. In addition, developing, socializing, and gaining alignment on strategic approaches to solve and plan for customer success is paramount. The ideal candidate knows how to build and leverage data to find opportunities for revenue generation and product adoption. Toast is a rapidly-evolving and growing technology company that demands high performance and quick thinking and action from its managers. This is a hands-on position that requires both strategic and tactical approaches and capabilities.
- Manage a team of 12-15 Restaurant Success Managers (RSMs) and two Team Leads (eventual people managers) to deliver scalable account management practices post go-live across the Toast product suite.
- Build and implement innovative approaches to deliver exceptional account management in a one-to-many world.
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue (upsell), customer happiness, and product adoption goals for specified account portfolios managed by your RSMs.
- Constantly identify new and improved ways to deliver delight at scale across our customer suite.
- Compose and oversee implementation of playbooks that use data and tools to ensure individual RSM success.
- Act as the high-level point of escalation for restaurant customer concerns within your portfolio.
- Uncover and create opportunities to drive customer growth (revenue, expansion, efficiency, etc) throughout your RSMs’ portfolios through scalable initiatives such as campaigns, community development, and data science.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to drive the highest levels of customer success throughout the organization and to our customers.
- Partner with Customer Marketing to help design and execute restaurant-specific marketing programs.
- Act as an advocate for restaurant customers, assisting your RSMs in resolving cross-functional issues.
- Manage the use of Salesforce.com and all related applications.
- Work with IT and BI teams to implement and improve reports, system rules & workflows, dashboards, automated emails, surveys, and more.
- Help drive an evolving company-wide culture of customer centricity.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / SUCCESS FACTORS
- 10+ years in customer or sales functions
- 7+ years experience successfully leading & managing teams, ideally of 10+ staff
- Must have worked for a high growth technology company
- Restaurant experience a significant plus
- Minimum four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Process-oriented and playbook-driven
- Love for developing people in a transition environment
- Enthusiastic about technology with demonstrated technical aptitude; experience at a technology company or relevant consultancy is ideal
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multitask without getting frazzled
- Love for teamwork and commitment to building a world-class, enterprise-class global customer experience together
- Creative, analytical and execution-oriented
- Ability to effectively operate both strategically and tactically
- Value and thrive in an environment of learning and interacting with high-capability, high-energy people
The individual will manage a team of Restaurant Success Managers.
10% travel, primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.