Director, Real Estate at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director of Real Estate is responsible for all activities related to the acquisition, delivery and disposition of space for Toast’s global portfolio. This position is a key leadership position within the Workplace Experience and Real Estate team that will interact frequently with senior business leaders in the company to build business cases that support the growth of Toast’s Global Portfolio and communicate progress on the delivery of new space. Creating a world class workplace where our Toasters can connect, collaborate and celebrate our culture and values is key to this role so the successful candidate will bring in best in class workplace trends and be able to apply them to our global portfolio.
About this roll*
- Portfolio Strategy for a 3-5 year planning horizon including location and workforce demographic assessments to help our business leaders make decisions about the right work in the right place
- All leasing and acquisitions of space for our growing portfolio!
- Lease management and administration to make sure all contractual obligations are met for all lease payments and landlord requests.
- Project management and delivery of space including creating a world class workplace for our Toasters!
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- BS degree in business management, finance, economics or a related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in real estate portfolio planning, development and management of Real Estate construction projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tell a story with data.
- Experience managing a large portfolio of Real Estate assets
- Real Estate financial analysis experience for business case development
- Proactive in finding options and solutions comparing tradeoffs of alternatives
- Detail oriented and understanding overall goals and strategies of space aligned to the business
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
- Roll-up-your sleeves attitude with an eagerness to work in the unpredictable operating environment of a fast growing company.
- “Always be Hungry” - Curious and thoughtful about bringing in leading trends and thinking into our Toast Workplace
- “Driven with Purpose” - results oriented and someone that brings in an insatiable appetite for delivering space to keep up with the speed of our business.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required