Director Real Estate and Workplace Experience
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Director Real Estate and Workplace Experience is an enthusiastic, driven, Workplace Experience and Real Estate professional, who will be responsible for all real estate activities within our rapidly growing company, across the United States and Europe, and the employee experience within those properties. This includes being responsible for sourcing potential acquisition and leased opportunities, building and managing relationships with local developers, brokers and investment groups, as well as running necessary property level financial models, while at the same time, bringing delight to the workplace so that it is the desired destination to innovate.
What you will do
- Demonstrate strong leadership by aligning real estate strategy with business strategies
- Lead negotiations and finalize contracts with respect to leases, vendors, and service providers.
- Direct third parties on construction, relocation and remodeling projects, vetting all aspects of each project to optimize costs and timelines and achieve overall project goals
- Compile market data, forecast, budget, and other analysis to support real estate priorities and decision making as needed
- Ensure cost-effective maintenance of all global workplaces to achieve an optimal state of uptime, safety, security, and compliance with established standards
- Manage real estate capital spend and operating budget, setting and delivering on annual budgets
- Manage up and down effectively, working and delegating in order to meet aggressive deadlines and ambitious goals
- Building energizing workplaces and creating environments where our employees can do their best work
- Working closely with our People & Culture team to enhance the employee experience
- Lead a team of Workplace Experience champions and provide guidance on their professional development and training goals.
- Having a passion for crafting the future of work and creating workplace conditions that enable employees to adopt new and evolving ways of working
- Building communities from the inside out and proactively engaging with the broader organization to make the workplace THE place for employees to connect and grow
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proven track record of developing, executing and managing real estate strategies
- Deep understanding of real estate related processes: strategic sourcing, supply chain management, human capital management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design, construction and project management
- Results-oriented with strong business and financial acumen
- Customer service orientation with strong listening and follow through skills
- Keen analytical skills, including the ability to think critically, make decisions, and justify recommendations based on data and analysis. Willingness to think entrepreneurially and creatively where necessary for success.
- Strong understanding of deal economics
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Bachelor's Degree required; Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or Real Estate Management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a corporate real estate and workplace experience
- Experience working within the Tech Industry would be a plus